- Two 8.5-to-8.8-ounce packages 90-second, microwave-ready whole grain brown rice, or 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed and halved on the diagonal
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 10 ounces shredded rotisserie chicken breast meat, about 2 cups (from 1 rotisserie chicken)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon(I used1/2 tsp.)
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Prepare the rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large deep skillet over high heat. Add the green beans and onions and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the peppers and 1/2 teaspoon salt and stir-fry until the green beans and peppers are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Add the broth, scraping up any browned bits.
- Stir in the shredded chicken, rice, spice blend and 1/2 teaspoon salt and simmer until no excess liquid remains, about 1 minute. Season with salt.
- Transfer to a platter, sprinkle with the parsley and pine nuts and serve.
Source: I Like to Bake and Cook