Pork Menudo is one of the go-to dishes in fiestas here in the Philippines. Although the dish originated from Mexico, Filipinos have made their own version which is covered in tomato sauce and has other ingredients such as green peas, potatoes and carrots. Boy is it good!
But if you’re still unsatisfied and still looking for THE MENUDO, then try out this recipe! It has special ingredients such as lemon and dried bay leaves to give it that extra taste. Check the recipe here!
- 2 lbs. pork
- ¼ lb. pig liver
- 1 cup potatoes, diced
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ piece lemon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¾ cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 4 pieces hotdogs, sliced diagonally
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 to 3 pieces dried bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine pork, soysauce, and lemon in a bowl. Marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a pan
- Saute garlic and onion.
- Add the marinated pork. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour in tomato sauce and water and then add the bay leaves.Let boil and simmer for 30 minutes to an hour depending on the toughness of the pork. Note: Add water as necessary.
- Add-in the liver and hot dogs.Cook for 5 minutes.
- Put-in potatoes, carrots, sugar,salt, and pepper. Stir and cook for 8 to 12 minutes.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!