- 1/2 kilo pork, cut in serving pieces
- 1 cup pineapple chunks or tidbits
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 6 gloves garlic, crushed
- 1 white onion, sliced in rings
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 2-3 pieces bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- In a pot, combine pork, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns, soy sauce and pineapple juice. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Simmer in a low heat for 40 minutes or until pork is tender. Add water if necessary.
- Pour vinegar and simmer for another 10 minutes then season with salt and sugar according to taste.
- Add onions, pineapple then simmer for 2 minutes or until the sauce thickened.
- Remove from heat then transfer to serving bowl then serve with steamed rice.