- 1 pound firm tofu block (or pre-fried tofu)
- 1 stalk green onion for garnish, chopped
- 5 medium Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ cup water
- ½ pound ground pork
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon MSG
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- oil for deep frying
- Cut, dry, and fry the tofu (or use pre-fried tofu)
- Combine ingredients for the filling and mix well. Slit the tofu and stuff tofu with the filling.
- Cut the tomatoes, then add the stuffed tofu, and all tomato sauce ingredients into one pot.
- Bring to a boil, then drop the heat to a simmer on low/30% heat for 10 minutes or until tomatoes are softened and the meat filling is completely cooked.
- Mix it midway to ensure more even cooking, add chopped green onions during the last few minutes to cook and soften it a bit.
Source: Hungry Huy