- 3 cups mature coconut, shredded
- 1½ cups dark brown sugar
- ½ cup mascovado sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut juice or water
- 2 tsp. calamansi juice (optional)
- Banana leaves, greased with oil
- Mix dark brown sugar, mascovado and coconut juice or water in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over the lowest heat possible for 1 minute until the sugar becomes watery and almost dissolve.
- Fire off, let it cool slightly, then transfer into a greased banana leaf. Form the mixture into a flat circle, repeat until you’re done and set aside to dry. When it’s completely dry, it is ready to be served and enjoy.