- 1 large capon about 2.5 kilos
- 2 tsps. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. MSG
- Mayonnaise or butter for basting
- Dress the chicken, wash, and drain well. Combine salt, pepper, and MSG. Rub the capon with this mixture. Line a shallow rectangular pan with aluminum foil and place the capon in it breast side up Lift each wing up and out facing the tips back to rest flat against the neck akimbo-style.
- Preheat the oven to 375 deg F Cover capon loosely with aluminum foil and bake for 1-1/2 hours or until tender. About 25 minutes before capon is finally cooked, remove foil and baste all around with margarine
- Bake until golden brown. Serve with chicken gravy.
- Get 3 tbsps. drippings from pan and transfer to a saucepan.
- Place over low heat and blend in 1/4 cup all-purpose flour while stirring. Add 1/8 tsp paprika.
- Add 2 cups chicken broth.
- Season with 1 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper and 2 tsps.Worcestershire sauce.
Continue cooking until it thickens.
Source: Fililipino Food