- 2- 3 lbs wings
- a drizzle of olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canned crushed pineapple
- 2 garlic cloves
- a pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted in a dry pan
- sliced scallions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Dry off the wings with a paper towel. Toss lightly with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the wings on a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip the wings over and bake another 20-25 minutes until cooked through and crisp.
- While the wings are cooking add the teriyaki sauce, ketchup, crushed pineapple, brown sugar, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes and water to a blender and blend until smooth,
- Pour into a saucepan and simmer for about 20 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Once the wings are cooked and just before serving, toss the wings in the sauce. Garnish with the toasted sesame seeds and sliced scallions.
Source : Lemoine Family Kitchen