- 2 chicken breasts with skin on
- 2 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter, sage, and garlic.
- Slather the butter mixture underneath and over the chicken skin. (The butter will melt and brown in the oven, which you will use to baste the chicken before serving!)
- Season liberally with salt and pepper on both sides and roast in the oven for 25 minutes, until fully cooked. Serve with maple glazed carrots or your vegetable of choice.