- 2 ounces high-proof rye whiskey
- 3/4 ounce amontillado sherry
- 1/4 ounce Cointreau
- 2 vigorous dashes orange bitters
- Lemon peel, for garnish
- Place a coupe or cocktail glass in the freezer until chilled, at least 5 minutes.
- Fill a pint glass or cocktail mixer two-thirds of the way with ice. Add the rye, sherry, Cointreau, and bitters and stir vigorously with a cocktail spoon until chilled, about 30 seconds. Remove the coupe from the freezer and strain the drink into the glass.
- Twist the lemon peel over the drink to release the oils, then drop it in.
Source : Chow