- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 stalks celery, finely diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 Cups shredded, cooked chicken breast
- 2 Cups steamed white rice
- 16 oz prepared wild rice (I get mine at Trader Joes, LOVE it)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 Cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Cups chicken broth
- 2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Top with 1 1/2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat oil into a medium dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Saute onion, celery and carrots until softened, about 10 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken, both rices, salt, pepper and garlic salt. Reduce heat to low.
- To prepare cheese sauce melt butter into a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Whisk in flour, salt and pepper then slowly pour in chicken broth whisking continuously.
- Whisk until thick and nearly boiling then stir in cheese until melted. Pour cheese sauce into rice mixture then transfer to a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Top with additional cheddar cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted through. Serve.
Source: No Bull Recipes