- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (2 inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 1/4 pounds chicken wings, split and tips discarded
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 5 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup glutinous sweet rice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 lemon, sliced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce for sprinkling, if desired (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat; cook and stir the onion, garlic, and ginger in the hot oil until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken wings; cook and stir together for 1 minute.
- Stir the fish sauce into the pot, cover, and cook another 2 minutes.
- Pour the chicken broth into the pot. Add the sweet rice and stir.
- Bring the mixture to a boil; cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to assure the rice is not sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with the green onion, and serve with lemon slices and additional fish sauce, if desired.
Source: All Recipes