- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 kilo chicken, cut up
- 1 cup ham slices (optional)
- 1/4 kilo pork slices
- 1 cup red and green pepper bells, diced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 1/4 c. water
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, soaked in water
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoots, sliced
- 1/2 cup carrot
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 1 cup Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 green onions, cut 5 cm. long
- 1 cup stock or water
- Fry chicken and pork slices in hot shortening.
- Add onions, ham, mushrooms and celery. Pan-fry a few minutes.
- Then add soy sauce, chestnuts,bamboo shoots, cauliflower, and carrots. Add 1 c. stock and cook a few minutes more or until cauliflower is done.
- Add the cornstarch paste and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- A few minutes before serving, add shredded cabbage and cut green onions.
- Add more soy sauce and seasonings as desired.
- Serve hot. Good for 6 persons.
Source: Filipino Food Junkie