For chicken paste:
- Boneless Chicken -8 nos.
- Worcestershire Sauce-1 tsp.
- Garlic-2-3 cloves
- Green chili-2 nos.
- Basmati Rice-3 cups
- Carrot chopped into cube-1/2 cup
- Bean small chopped-1 tbsp.
- Capsicum chopped into cube-1/2 cup.
- Spring onion (green portion) chopped finely-1 tbsp. [If use white portion of it then fry it with onion.]
- Onion slice-1 no.
- Chopped garlic-1 ½ tbsp..
- Grated ginger-1 tsp.
- Salt-to taste
- Sugar-1 tsp.
- White oil or olive oil- 3 tbsp. [I used olive oil]
- Water -5 cups
- Green cardamom- 2 nos.
- Asafoetida-1 pinch
- Dry parsley- ¼ tsp.
- Roasted Garam masala -1/4 tsp. (roast green cardamom, clove, cinnamon and then make powder)
- Black pepper -1/2 tsp.
- Paste chicken, garlic, and green chili and Worcestershire sauce together.
- Wash the rice and strain the water.
- In a heavy bottom pan put oil. When oil is hot put onion and white portion of spring onion fry it until golden brown. Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Into the remaining hot oil put asafoetida and whole cardamom. Add garlic and ginger, mix 2-3 seconds then put chicken paste mix it well.
- When it was fried, add all chopped vegetables except spring onion and dry parsley. Mix it for 10 seconds.
- Add strained rice and black pepper. Mix for one mint.
- Pour 5 cups water, salt and sugar. When it began to boil, cover it and cook for 10 minutes.
- Open the lid, Spread spring onion (green portion), Garam masala and fried onion. Off the gas and give it for standing time.
- It’s ready, serve hot with any chicken or Paneer recipe.
Source: Ume’s Kitchen