- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 10 gordita-size yellow corn tortillas
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 3 cups Colorado sauce
- 1 lb (4 cups) shredded Monterrey jack cheese
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the canola oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add a tortilla to the pan and cook for 2-3 seconds on each side. Remove to a paper-towel lined plate. Repeat with remaining tortillas, adding more oil to the pan as needed.
- Once you are finished with the tortillas, turn the heat up medium-high and add another teaspoon of oil. Once hot, add the onion and saute for 2 minutes. Add the diced green chilies and stir to mix well. Remove from heat and transfer the onion-chili mixture to a small bowl.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Warm the Colorado sauce in a pan on the stove over low heat. Ladle one cup of sauce into the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Prepare a working area by placing the shredded chicken, onion-chili mixture, half of the shredded cheese (2 cups), and tortillas near each other on the counter. Using tongs, submerge one tortilla into the warm Colorado sauce, then transfer to your working area. Sprinkle some chicken, onion-chili mixture, and cheese down the center of the tortilla. Roll it up and place it seam side down in the pan. Continue with remaining 9 tortillas.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas and top with the remaining 2 cups of cheese. Bake for 30 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Source : Wanderlust Kitchen