- 1 deboned chicken (about 1 to 1.5 kgs.)
- 1/4 butter
- 1 tsp annato seeds (atsuete) *optional
For the chicken marinade:
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp calamansi juice
- dash of ground black pepper
For the stuffing:
- 400 g minced chicken
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large white onion ,finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot,grated
- 1 pc chorizo de bilbao, finely chopped
- 1/8 cup raisins
- 2 pcs pandesal (or day old bread), soaked in one cup of milk
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- In a bowl, mix the marinade.Marinate the chicken for about 30 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat oven to 190oC
- Lay the chicken in a flat surface.
In a bow,mix all for the stuffing except the hard boiled egg.
- Stuff the mixture inside the cavity. In the mid part squeeze in the hard boiled eggs.
- Seal the cavity with a toothpick or stitch them if you like then tie the legs to keep it close together.
- Rub some butter and ground pepper.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan [or a rectangular baking pan], cover with foil.
- Bake for about 45 minutes. Remove the foil cover. Get some of the drippings, place it in a cup,then mix in the annato seeds.
- Baste the chicken every once in a while to keep from drying. Let the chicken cook for about 45 minutes more or until nice golden brown. Let it cool down for about 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- Best with mushroom gravy sauce. Yum!
Source: Pinoy Kitchenette