- 500 g of chicken
- 250 g of noodles
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 2 carrots
- 2 onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 talespoons of oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 egg for brushing
- 1 liter of oil
- Crush the noodles in the bag they are in. They are easier to deal with when they are in small pieces instead of long. Cook the noodles in some water and let them stand and drain in a colander. Cut chicken into small pieces and fry in a pan. The chicken can give some water/juice, so when they’re done get them in a sieve and drain.
- Chop the onion, garlic, bell pepper and scallions. Grate the carrots on a grater. Throw all the vegetables in the pan and fry until they become soft. Pour the chicken again along with the vegetables and cook a few more minutes. Now, get the entire mixture into the strainer and let it stand and drip off. After that put them back into the pan and add soy sauce, oyster sauce and brown sugar. Taste with salt and peper. Get ready to roll egg rolls!
- Make an egg ready in a cup and whisk lightly. The egg is going to be used to seal the spring rolls. It works a little like glue.
- Open the package of spring roll dough should be about 40 pieces in the package. Make a dish towel wet and put it over the dough every time you take one, since the dough very easily dry out. Take a little filling and put in one corner, roll a few times, fold the ends in, roll one more time brush with a little egg on the last piece and roll up. So you should have a great looking spring roll. Repeat this process until there are no more filling.
- Now heat up the oil in a pan, be careful with the heat! Turn up to full heat for 3 minutes, and then let it stand and warm up with medium high heat. Keep a close eye that the oil does not get too hot. When the oil is ready put 6-8 spring rolls in at a time and fry until golden. Up on a plate with paper towels and serve!
Source: One Kitchen – A Thousand Ideas