Shakey’s have one of the best Mojos. These round potato slices have been a child’s best friend and eating it as an adult just brings you back to the stress free days. But what’s so special about these potato slices is the breading that gives you the amazing crispiness.
Well, this recipe gives you the exact same flavors and crispiness that Shakey’s have been giving us since day one. And it also shows you the exact amount of minutes to fry these little circles of yumminess so you have the perfect crunch on the outside and still have the softness of the potatoes inside. Try this recipe now!
- 4 potatoes, sliced into ¼” rounds
- 2 packs Ferna all-purpose breading mix (alternative: Mert’s Chicken Breading)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- Cooking oil, for deep frying
- Lady’s Choice Caesar or ranch dressing
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and water. Set aside.
- Clean potatoes and slice into ¼” round, then put them straight into the egg-water mixture to soak.
- Heat oil until 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat potato slices with breading and deep fry in batches for 3-4 minutes. Drain in kitchen towel after to absorb excess oil.
- Transfer to serving plate and serve with either Caesar or ranch dressing.