- 1 (6-ounce) bag garlic and butter croutons
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
Orange Barbeque Sauce:
- 1/3 cup barbeque sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the corner off of the bag croutons just enough to let the air escape. Place the bag onto a cutting board, cover with a kitchen towel and smash it with a rolling pin. Crush the croutons until coarse in texture.
- Set up a breading station with 3 pie plates or baking dishes. In 1 dish add the flour, and season it with poultry seasoning, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. In the second dish mix together the egg and buttermilk. In the third dish add the crushed croutons, and the bread crumbs.
- Dip chicken tenders into the flour and shake of any excess. Then dip them into the buttermilk, and then into the bread crumb mixture making sure to thoroughly coat the tenders. Put the tenders on a baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter and serve with the orange barbeque sauce.
Source: Gina’s Italian Kitchen