- 1 cup arugula, washed
- ½ cup red quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 12 Mission figs, stems removed, and quartered
- 1/3 cup (or more) of roasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 TB balsamic vinegar
- 1 TB sherry vinegar
- ½ TB maple syrup
- 4 TB light olive oil, plus a bit more for the figs
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with the figs and coat them with about 1 tsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in the oven and roast for no longer than 20 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, add the quinoa and water and cook until the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa has cooked. I personally use a rice cooker for this.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegars, syrup and olive oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the arugula, cooked figs, cooked quinoa, blue cheese, hazelnuts, and parsley. Add the dressing, season with salt and pepper, and toss thoroughly to coat.
Source : Hungry Buddha