- 1 pc regular-sized duck 2-1/4 c water
- 2 Tbsp. rock salt
- 1 thumb-size ginger sliced
- 1 stalk celery sliced 1 inch-size
- 2 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 pcs hot chili pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- Clean duck very well.
- Simmer duck in water, salt, ginger and celery stalk for about 1-1/2 hours or until tender.
- Drain and dry in paper towel.
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.
Serve hot with sauce.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Simmer while stirring continuously, until sauce thickens.
Credit: Filipino Food