For Oats Stuffing:
- 2 Cups Plain Instant Oats
- 4-5Tbsp Water
- 1 Medium Onion – Chopped – You can use any kind of onion from red to white
- 1 Small Green Chilli – Thinly Chopped – You can skip this step as per need/choice
- 1/2 Tsp Grated Ginger
- 1 Large Boiled Potato – Grated – I’m using it to bind cooked oats as stuffing
- 5 Tbsp Olive Oil – You may use any flavorless oil of choice
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Powder (Jeera Powder)
- 1 Tsp Dry Mango Powder (Amchur Powder) – (If you don’t have dry mango powder, you may use lemon juice)
- 1 Tsp Indian All Spice Powder (Garam Masala)
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder – Optional
- 2 Tsp Salt (As per your taste)
For Flat-Bread/Paratha Dough:
- 1.5 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Warm Water
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour – Needed to Dust the dough while making flat-bread
To Make the Dough:
- In a food processor, add the whole wheat flour, half of the amount of water and pulse for 1min.
- Now add the remaining water and pulse to form a soft and even dough (Takes about 2min)
- Divide the dough into 8medium balls and Keep aside.
To Make Stuffing:
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a large pot on high heat for 2mins or till oil is properly heated.
- Now add onion, ginger, green chili and saute for a minute on low heat.
- Add all the spices, give it a quick stir and cook for 2mins or till onions are slightly cooked and pink in color.
- Now add oats, water, stir everything evenly and cook for another 2-3mins or till oats are cooked and mixture looks slightly golden brown (Since we are using instant oats, it will cook soon).
- Now turn off the heat, add grated potato (skip this step if not using potato) and mix everything evenly. Let this mixture cool to touch.
- Once the mixture is slightly cool, make equal parts and keep aside (it makes about 8 medium size balls).
To Make Flat-Bread / Parathe:
- Heat the non-stick pan on high for about 2mins, then reduce the heat to lowest setting.
- Now take 1 dough ball, dust it evenly with extra flour and roll it about the size of your palm (medium size) and place it on your palm.
- Take 1 small helping of the stuffing and place it over the center of the flattened dough (Please make sure the stuffing doesn’t exceed the size of the flattened dough in your palm)
- Now using the other hand, fold all the edges of the dough over the center and close it , making a shape of a golf ball (Please make sure that all the edges are sealed and its a smooth ball).
- Now dust the stuffed dough ball into the extra flour and roll it into a thick round shape(Please don’t use too much pressure while rolling the dough as it will force the stuffing to come out)
- Add the rolled flat bread/parathe over the heated non-stick pan.
- Let it cook for about a minute and turn the side and take 1/2 Tsp oil and smear evenly on the side up. Turn the side again and pour another 1/2 Tsp oil on the side up.
- Now let the flat-bread cook evenly to a slightly golden brown color on both sides (Keep turning sides).
- Follow steps 2 to 8 till all the flat-bread / parathe are made.
- Serve fresh as it is or with plain yogurt / veggies or pickle of your choice.