- 2 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced or quartered
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices double smoked bacon (omit for vegetarian)
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Toss the brussels sprouts in the oil along with the garlic, salt and pepper, place in in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast in a preheated 400F oven until lightly golden brown, about 20 minutes, mixing them up half way through.
- Meanwhile cook the bacon until crispy and drain on paper towels before crumbling.
- Sprinkle on the parmesan and return to the oven until it melts, about 1-2 minutes.
- Toss the brussels sprouts with the bacon and lemon zest, and lemon juice and enjoy!
Source : Closet Cooking