- 2 (6 inch) tortillas
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup al pastor pork
- 1/4 cup pineapple, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon pineapple salsa (the salsa used to make the al pastor pork)
- 1 tablespoon sweet onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, torn
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Place one tortilla in the pan, sprinkle on half of the cheese, top with the pork, pineapple, salsa, onion, cilantro and the remaining cheese.
- Fold the tortilla in half coving the filling and cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
Option: Grill the pineapple slices before cutting into small pieces.Option: Serve with pineapple guacamole for dipping: Mix 1 large mashed avocado with 1/4 cup chopped pineapple, 1 tablespoon lime juice and a pinch of salt.
Source: Closet Cooking